- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Small bunch of kale, washed, destalked and sliced
- 1 tin of organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp of ground cumin powder
- ¼ tsp of ground chilli powder
- Good quality black pepper and possibly additional sea salt to taste, freshly ground
For the sauce:
- 1 avocado, pitted and skinned
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 stalks of spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, freshly juiced
- 2 TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP of nutritional yeast
- Good quality black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and line your baking dish with paper.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake them in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a medium sized skillet and cook onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add your spices and prepped kale and cook until soft.
- Add your rinsed and drained beans until warm and set aside.
To prepare your Sauce:
- In a food processor mix avocado, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast until well combined and creamy.
- Transfer to a little bowl, add your thinly sliced spring onions and parsley and combine.
- Half your baked sweet potatoes lengthwise and scoop out some of the sweet potato flash to make room for kale-black beans stuffing. (Be sure to keep the spooned out sweet potatoes to make sweet potato brownies or other delicious sweet potato goodness).
- Fill your sweet potato with the kale-black bean mixture.
- Top with your fresh avocado goodness sauce.