How about re-igniting your metabolism. Here are some simple steps how to get this inner fire burning again 🙂
Feeling sluggish, tired and just looking at something sweet seems to end up as a new layer of fat on your hips, belly or buttocks?
Those among others are often signs of a slow or very low metabolism. Which is the result of our fast paced lives where we more often than not are falling short of nurturing our beautiful bodies and minds with the right foods and not enough physical activity. Instead we are seduced by the marketing companies to take the quick way out . Succumbing to yet another one of those diet pills or the new and amazing shakes, that promises results (or your money back), we go back to counting calories, are not making time for our workouts and to make up for all this are skipping breakfast. The list is endless.
What can we do to change this…are there simple, easy ways to boost your metabolism and get back onto the healthy track?
The good news is that YES, there are. Try to incorporate them into your lifestyle, one at a time and feel what an amazing difference these little changes can make to your metabolism and quality of life.
- Start the day with a glass tepid warm lemon water.
- Have breakfast within 30 min of getting up.
- Be sure to drink enough H2O during your day. ( Men should try for 3 litres and women try for at least 2 litres daily)
- Have 3 small meals and 2 healthy snacks per day
- Don’t skip meals ( if you skip meals your body goes into starvation mode where it slows down its metabolism further to try and preserve energy)
- Drink water, drink water, drink water
- Be sure to eat enough healthy fats such as raw chocolate treats, avocado, tahini, coconut oil, nuts, fatty fish…
- Spice it up (and add cinnamon to your breakfast smoothie or porridge, and turmeric, chilli or paprika to your dinner or lunch)
- Stay active and keep moving (use stairs instead of the elevator, escalator, take the train or bus and walk or cycle to work, meet up with friends and go for an early morning walk together)
Metabolism is a key ingredient to weight loss, contact me for a more in depth complementary consultation on how to boost your metabolism and kick-start your journey to feeling the best version of yourself.