- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- ½ cups of Brussels Sprouts, halved or shredded
- 1 small bunch Kale, washed, stemmed and thinly sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup almonds – chopped, option to slightly roast in oven
- 1 cup of freshly chopped parsley
- 3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-5 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Optional: 1-2 tsp rice malt syrup
- Good quality salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large frying pan and sauté onions until translucent, add garlic and heat for another minute.
- If you would like to slightly roast your almonds, spread them on a baking tray that is layered with baking paper and roast at 150 degrees until salad is done.
- Add Brussels Sprouts and sauté until golden (about another 8 minutes).
- In the meantime, mix in a small bowl all the ingredients for your sauce and put aside.
- Add your kale and leave on heat for another two minutes.
- Place your warm ingredients with your cold cabbage in a bowl and sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
- Pour your salad dressing, you had set aside, over your salad and enjoy.