- 1 carrot, grated or cut into match sticks
- ¼ cabbage of your choice, coarsely shredded
- ¼ cucumber, cut into match sticks
- ¼ avocado, cut into match sticks
- ½ capsicum cut into match sticks
- 1-2 spring onions, cut into little rings
- Optional: roasted tofu
- Optional: sprouts
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Basil leaves
- 1 hot red chilli (fresh)
- Rice paper
- 2 heaped TBSP of unhulled Tahini
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP of tamari sauce
- 1-2 tsp of rice malt syrup (optional)
- 2-4 TBSP of water
To prepare your filling:
Grate your carrot coarsely, shred your cabbage and cut cucumber, avocado, capsicum into match-stick-sized pieces. Cut tofu into squares and spring onions and chilli into little pieces; gently tear mint, basil and coriander leaves into smaller pieces (stems and roots removed).
To prepare your rice paper pockets:
Dip your rice paper (to save time wet 3 or 4 at a time) into luke-warm water until soaked and then put on a clean, moist plate or board.
Put a small amount of each of your vegetables, spices and herbs in the centre of your rice paper. Flip one side of the rice paper over the vegetables, fold in each side to form a pocket and then close. Rice paper will get sticky so it should hold nicely together. If not add more water with your fingertips.
To prepare your dipping sauce:
Put your tahini, apple cider vinegar, tamari sauce, rice malt syrup (if using) and water in a small bowl or your food processor and mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
Enjoy your rice paper pocket with this refreshing tahini dip or plain.