Raw,Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free
- 1 heaped cup of nuts (I used almonds and walnuts but hazelnuts go well here too).
- 1 cup of Medjool dates, soaked, rinsed, drained, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- Zest of 1 organic orange
- Zest of 1 organic lemon
- Juice of 1 fresh organic orange
- ½ tsp of organic Ceylon ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of organic ground clove, ground
- ¾ tsp of organic ground ginger
- ¼ tsp of organic ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp of organic ground cardamom
- 1-2 TBSP of raw cacao powder (depending on how chocolatey you like your bites – we like it chocolatey, so I used 2 TBSP here)
- pinch of rock salt
- about 3 TBSP of additional nuts, chopped in small pieces.
- ½ a block of organic dark of chocolate (at least 70% – which is what I used here)
- Soak your dates for at least 10 minutes in warm water.
- Process your heaped cup of nuts into nut meal.
- Process your oats into oat flour.
- Add your orange and lemon peel, spices, salt, orange juice and cacao powder and process into a sticky dough.
- Add the rest of your nuts and combine well.
- Form little bite-sized balls, put on fridge-proof baking tray and set aside.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan melt your dark chocolate over a water bath until completely melted. Be sure to stir frequently and careful for the hot water not to pour over into your melting chocolate.
- Dip your Lebkuchen bites into the melted chocolate to cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until your chocolate layer has hardened.
- Enjoy how incredibly delicious your healthy life can taste!