- 1 cup of wholemeal buckwheat flour
- 1 cup of gluten-free oat bran
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ¼ cup of raw cacao powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp of gluten free baking powder (make your own with brown rice flour, cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda)
- 1 pinch of good quality salt (e.g. pink Himalayan)
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla bean, ground (unsweetened)
- 1 cup of rice malt syrup
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 TBSP of raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 TBSP of almond milk
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 1 Bar of organic 75% dark chocolate, melted
- 10 organic Medjool dates, soaked, pitted, drained.
- 1 cup of organic cashew nuts, soaked, drained.
- Pinch of salt.
- Juice of ½ lemon.
- 1-3 TBSP of almond milk.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees and prepare your baking dish with baking paper.
- For the base: Mix all your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add your wet ingredients and combine with your dry cacao-flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour your chocolate batter into your prepared baking dish and bake for about 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven – it takes 30 minutes in mine).
- In the meantime, prep your top layer by processing all of your ingredients in your blender until creamy and set aside.
- Let your base cool before topping with your melted chocolate.
- Top with cashew nut mixture and let set for 30 minutes before cutting.