- ¼ cup of chia seeds – soak in just enough water to cover seeds for about 15 minutes or until all gooey
- 3 large ripe bananas, ripped or chopped into large pieces
- 1/3cup of cacao powder, raw and unsweetened
- ¾ cup of dried Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp of ground pure vanilla bean
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of good quality salt
- ¼ cup of tahini or almond butter
- ½ cup of shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup of mixed seeds (sunflower, pepita, sesame…)
- 1 cup of mixed nuts, raw unsalted (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts…)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees (I am using low heat here and prefer to bake for longer to ensure good quality fats and amino acids in nuts and seeds are staying intact and are not being transformed) and line your tray with baking paper.
- Soak your chia seeds in water until gooey gel forms.
- Process your banana, cacao powder, spices, salt, cacao powder, chia seed mixture and tahini or nut-butter until smooth.
- Mix in your mixed seeds, nuts and shredded coconut by hand.
- Pour your mixture into a square baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown on edges and bars crisp. Allow to cool before cutting into little bars (keeps for up to 7 days in fridge and freezes up to 6 months). Enjoy!!!