- 2 cups of wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 TBSP of turmeric
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 TBSP of nutritional yeast
- Good quality salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 11/2 cups of kale, destemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Big spritzer of fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of good quality olive oil
- 3 eggs, organic
- Lightly grease or line 6 muffin tins with baking paper and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl sift your flour, add baking powder, spices, nutritional yeast salt and pepper.
- Stir in grated carrot and courgette, kale and spring onions.
- In a smaller bowl: whisk together almond milk, lemon juice, olive oil and eggs and gently fold into flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour muffin mixture into your prepared muffin tins and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
These will keep frozen up to 1 month and for two days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container.