I think this is probably one of my most favourite savoury snack! Yes, I do also enjoy foods that do not contain chocolate…from time to time.
I love how wonderfully those crunchy golden balls full of healthful plant protein and coated with goodness ignite my metabolic fire, boost my digestive health and immune system. They also contain strong anti-inflammatory properties, help against any kind of gloominess and are super quick to make. Best of all it does not matter if you devour the entire bowl of them – there is no unhappy aftermath of feelings of guilt or unhealthy yuckiness that comes with them.
- ½ cup of dried organic chickpeas (soaked overnight or for at least 8 hours and thoroughly rinsed) or 1 tin of organic chickpeas, unsalted (thoroughly rinsed and drained)
- 3 TBSP of good quality apple cider vinegar (with mother)
- 3 TBSP of salt reduced tamari sauce
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of ground cumin powder
- ½ tsp of cayenne pepper
- If using dried chickpeas soak, rinse and cook these according to cooking instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place all your ingredients in a little bowl and mix.
- Coat your chickpeas well in the mixture.
- Transfer coated chickpeas to baking try lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 45 – 60 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.