- 1 brown onion
- 1 TBSP of coconut or olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ fresh red chilli or ½ tsp of ground chilli powder
- 1 little knob of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp of yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 cup of red lentils (soaked and rinsed)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 4 cups of good quality vegetable broth
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into little florets
- ½ head of broccoli
- 3 TBSP of full-fat coconut cream
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (if your vegetable broth already contains salt, season only with pepper)
- Sauté your onion, garlic, fresh ginger, chilli and spices until fragrant.
- Add your rinsed red lentils and sweet potato and leave on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add your vegetable broth and the rest of your vegetables and simmer until your veggies are tender and lentils have broken up (about 30-45 minutes).
- Season to taste.
- Add 3 TBSP of full-fat coconut cream, stirring to combine.
- Optional: Blend in food processor.