Hands down, this is my number 1 emergency go-to when I feel those stress levels of mine surging high. This delicious re-vitalising smoothie is full of anti-inflammatory goodness and contains powerful adaptogens which help your body to de-regulate your stress and energy levels. Adaptogens do not only have a balancing effect on your adrenals and central nervous system, they also support healthy oxygen consumption in your body, thus helping you to feel mentally and physically stronger to deal with your stresses.
- 1 cup of spinach or kale (washed, stemmed and cut into little pieces)
- 2 cups of mixed berries
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup of avocado
- 3 TBSP of flaxseed meal or chia seeds
- 1 TBSP maca
- 1 tsp of ashwagandha powder
- ½ tsp of ground turmeric powder
- ¼ knob of ginger, grated or chopped into little pieces or ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- ½ – 1 cup of almond milk (depending on preferred consistency of your smoothie, I like mine quite thick)
- 1 cup of ice
- Optional: ½ tsp of bee pollen
- Prepare your greens and place along with fruit in your blender.
- Add your choice of seeds and adaptogens: maca, ashwagandha, turmeric powder and ginger
- Add your fresh almond milk and ice cubes and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Optional: Sprinkle with bee pollen
Personally, I will combine this smoothie with some form of body-movement that I know will help my body to switch from fight and flight modus into rest and relax mode, such as yoga or I might even go for a run. Try this powerful combo of nutrition and movement for yourself and enjoy a much more energised, centred, calm, relaxed and rejuvenated YOU.