Ingredients for the sweet potato toast:
- 1 large sweet potato, washed, ends removed and cut lengthwise into thin sliced
For the toppings:
- ¼ – ½ of avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ of one spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of sliced red cabbage
- Black pepper, herbal salt or sesame salt and red chilli flakes to taste
- Fresh herbs like parsley
- 3 TBSP of hummus or mashed black beans
- 1 handful of kale, washed, ripped and massaged with olive oil and apple cider vinegar
- Drizzle of lemon juice
- ½ of red capsicum thinly sliced
- Black pepper, herbal salt and nutritional yeast flakes to taste
- Fresh berries
- Cinnamon powder, unsweetened
- Sunflower seeds
- Almond butter
- Sliced fresh banana
- Raw cacao powder
- Chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line your dish with baking paper.
- Put your sliced sweet potato pieces in the oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow your sweet potato slices to cool before storing in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge if using within the next 2 days.
- When you are ready to enjoy your sweet potato toast, simply put slices into your toaster and toast until warm and bubbly with crispy edges.
- Top with your favourite toppings – and by all means get creative here – and enjoy!