- 1 cup of whole rolled oats (for a gluten-free version: use quinoa flakes instead)
- 1 cup of raw buckwheat groats
- ½ cup of raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup of raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup of raw pepita seeds
- 1 TBSP of raw sesame seeds
- 2 TBSP of chia seeds
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp of ground pure vanilla bean or paste, unsweetened
- Generous pinch of good quality fine sea salt
- 3 TBSP of virgin coconut oil
- 3 TBSP of rice malt syrup
- Optional: ¼ cup of dried cranberries, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees and line your baking dish with baking paper.
- In a big bowl mix all your dry ingredients except for your ground vanilla bean until well combined.
- In a little pot heat your coconut oil and rice malt syrup until liquid; add your ground vanilla bean or paste and combine well.
- Add your wet ingredients into your bowl and mix well until every nut, seed, oat, cranberry if using and buckwheat groat is well coated.
- Spread your granola mixture thinly and evenly onto your prepared lined baking tray and bake for about 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and smelling irresistible.
- Let the granola cool completely before storing it in an airtight container (keeps for 1-2 weeks stored in an airtight container in the fridge or for up to 3 months in the freezer).
- Serve with fresh fruit such as berries and your choice of nut-milk or natural Greek style yoghurt.