- 1 cup of Medjool dates, pitted, soaked in warm water for at least 15 minutes, drained
- 1 cup of mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts and pecans work best here)
- ¼ cup of raw cacao powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla bean, ground
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon, unsweetened
- 1 TBSP of virgin coconut oil, softened
- Pinch of good quality
- 7 drops of peppermint oil (use less, for a less strong minty taste)
- Optional: Add 1 TBSP of nut butter for an even richer taste
- Optional: Add a little bit of water or coconut milk if too dry
- Line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all your pitted, soaked and dried Medjool dates in a blender and process.
- Add your nuts to the processed dates and blend.
- Add all the rest of your ingredients and mix into a fine dough and until well combined. Adjust texture and taste according to your liking.
- Form little balls or spoon and press into fun Christmas molds.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.