For the base:
- 1.5 cups of almond meal
- ½ cup of oat bran
- ¼ cup of organic unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp of Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup of rice malt syrup
For the chocolate ganache:
- 1 small tin or package of unsweetened full fat coconut cream
- ½ a bar to 1 bar of dark chocolate (at least 75% cacao, I used 90% in this recipe but used only half a bar of chocolate to make it less intense)
- Prep your freeze proof dish with baking paper.
- Combine all your dry ingredients for your base and combine.
- In a small pot, melt your coconut oil, add your rice malt syrup and combine.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ones and mix well.
- Add your base mixture to your prepped dish, spread evenly, press down firmly and put into the freezer.
- In the meantime, in your small pot (no need to clean it in between), heat your coconut cream until boiling.
- Take off the stove and add your chocolate pieces to your hot coconut cream to melt.
- Stir to combine and melt fully and spread over your base.
- Return to the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into small squares or pieces and enjoy how insanely delicious healthy eating and living can be if you make it so.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.