Makes: 10 halves
- 1 large carrots, grated
- 5 – 2 cups of different leafy lettuce greens
- Optional: 1 large handful of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Optional: 1-2 pieces of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 5 cups of mint leaves (a generous sprinkle for each roll)
- 5 cups of coriander leaves (a generous sprinkle for each roll)
- Optional: ½ piece of 1 hot red chilli, fresh or dried and thinly cut
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup of pepita seeds
- 5 sheets of rice paper
To prepare your filling:
- Grate your carrot coarsely, wash & dry your lettuce leaves and shred your cabbage.
- Cut your chilli and spring onions if using into little pieces and gently tear mint and coriander leaves into smaller pieces (stems and roots removed) if you are using fresh ones. Dried ones work too, however fresh ones will taste far more delicious in your rolls.
To prepare your rice paper pockets:
- Wet your rice paper with lukewarm water and then put on a clean, moist plate or board.
- Put a small amount of each of your vegetables, spices and herbs in the centre of your rice paper.
- Flip one side of the rice paper over the vegetables, fold in each side to form a pocket and then close. Rice paper will get sticky so it should hold nicely together. If not add more water with your fingertips.
- After having assembled all 5 rice paper pockets, cut each into half with a wet knife.
- Enjoy with salt reduced tamari sauce, mashed avo or simply olive oil and apple cider vinegar.