- 4 Pieces of Nori sheet
- 1 cup, uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 TBSP of miso, dissolved in about 1 TBSP of water
- 1 TBSP tahini
- ½ tsp of ground ginger
- 1 TBSP of lemon juice
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- Optional: 150 g of smoked salmon or firm tofu, thinly sliced
- For the tofu: Brush with 2 TBSP tamari sauce, salt reduced, 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar, 1 TBSP sesame seeds, untoasted and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
Additional equipment needed:
- Bamboo mat for rolling
- 1 small bowl filled with water to wet fingertips
- 1 very sharp knife to slice the sushi rolls
- Cook your quinoa according to packet instructions and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine your miso with water, then add your tahini, ground ginger and lemon juice and stir into the cooked quinoa. Leave to cool further.
- In the meantime, prepare your carrot, red cabbage, avocado, cucumber and salmon or tofu if using.
- Place one Nori sheet on your bamboo matt, shiny side down.
- Spread about ¼ of the quinoa evenly onto the bottom half of the Nori sheet, leaving about 3 cm border. Press firmly down with wet hands.
- Top with the prepped vegetables and fish or tofu if using.
- Roll the sushi and sea the edge with some water.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Slice the rolls with a sharp, slightly wet knife and place in fridge.