- 2 cups of chickpea flour
- 1 cup of filtered water
- ½ tsp of herbal sea salt
- ¼ tsp of turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 TBSP of nutritional yeast
- 1 TBSP of olive oil
- Tomato passata to cover base
- ½-1 onion cut into rings
- 1 TBSP of olive oil for cooking
- 1 red capsicum, cut into slices
- 5-6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 TBSP of olive oil to massage your kale
- 2 cups of shredded kale
- Optional: More nutritional yeast to sprinkle on top
- Dried oregano and fresh or dried basil to taste
- Good quality salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups of fresh arugula leaves
To make your pizza:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line your baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease your paper with olive oil.
- In a bowl add your chickpea flour, water, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and spice and combine well. Pour your pizza ’dough’ onto the prepared tray and spread evenly using your hands. Bake your chickpea pizza base for about 15 minutes or until it starts to golden.
- In the meantime, heat your mushrooms in the additional oil in a frying pan for 3-5 minutes. Add your capsicum and broccoli and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl sprinkle your shredded kale with the olive oil and massage oil into kale. Set aside.
- Once your chickpea crust has started to brown on one side, remove it from the oven and flip over. Top with tomato passata and sautéed vegetables, raw onion rings, shredded kale, dried herbs, nutritional yeast if using, salt and pepper and bake for another 15 minutes or until ready.
- Top with fresh herbs if using and arugula leaves. Enjoy with a fresh salad.