- 2 cups of green lentils, rinsed and soaked
- ½ – 1 TBSP of salt reduced tamari sauce
- 1 TBSP of olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ head of broccoli, cut into little florets
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 ½ cups of spinach leaves
- 1/8 red cabbage, shredded
- 1/8 white cabbage, shredded
- 1 large or 2 smaller tomatoes, chopped
- ½ avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup spring onions
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- ½ TBSP rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Good quality salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the lentils well under running water and soak for at least 4 hours in lots of water with pinch of pure Himalayan salt. Then thoroughly rinse your lentils again and place in medium sized pot with 4 cups of water. Cook for about 30 minutes, until there is no water left. Lentils should be cooked but still have a little bit of bite. Stir in your tamari sauce and set aside.
- In the meantime, briefly sauté the onion and garlic in the oil over medium heat, add the broccoli and sauté for another 5, then add the capsicum and sauté for another 3 minutes. Broccoli and capsicum should both be just tender but still crisp. but still crisp.
- In a large bowl, place the spinach leaves, cabbage, tomato, chopped avocado, parsley, spring onions and pepita seeds. Add the lentils, and sautéed vegetables.
- In a separate bowl whisk all the ingredients for your dressing together and pour over your salad.