- 1 can of coconut milk, full fat, organic, refrigerated overnight
- 3 TBSP of chia seeds
- 6 TBSP of filtered water (to soak chia seeds in)
- 2 lemons, freshly juiced
- 3 lemons, organic, zested
- 1 tsp of pure ground vanilla bean
- Pinch of good quality salt
- 2 TBSP of rice malt syrup
- Toppings: fresh fruit, nuts and seeds
- In a small bowl, add your chia seeds and water and put aside, stirring frequently. Let sit until chia seeds and water have formed glutenous, thickened paste (takes about 10-15 minutes).
- Open your can of coconut milk and add milk which will have separated from coconut water to your blender (keep the coconut water and use for smoothies).
- Add the rest of your ingredients including your set chia seed mixture and blend until well combined.
- Spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 1 additional hour.
- Serve with fresh fruit, nuts and seeds.