For the kebabs:
- 1 package of firm tofu (usually 350g)
- ½ – ¼ head of broccoli, cut into little florets
- 1-2 courgettes, cut into thick slices
- 1 red capsicum, cut into cubes
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into cubes
- 10 – 15 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes and drained
For the marinade:
- ½ cup miso paste, white or red (white is milder)
- 2 TBSP ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP of lemon juice
- 4 TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 1 – 2 TBSP of tahini paste
- 1 TBSP of rice malt syrup
- Preheat the oven or grill to medium heat and soak your wooden skewers for 15 minutes in warm water to prevent them from cooking with the food (alternatively use stainless steel skewers)
- Blend all your ingredients for your miso marinade.
- Using a shallow dish, pour your marinade over your cubed tofu pieces and cut vegetables. Allow to marinate in fridge for 2 hours.
- Place your tofu and vegetable pieces onto your skewers, starting and ending with a vegetable.
- Grill for 10 -15 minutes or until tofu and vegetables are crisp and browned. Turn your kebabs frequently to make sure they are cooked equally from all sides.
Serve with steamed greens or a fresh salad.