Vegan, Gluten-free, refined sugar free
- 1 cup of dates, soaked, drained, pitted + 2 TBSP of date water
- 5 cups of mixed nuts & seeds, roughly chopped – I used almonds and sunflower seeds
- 3 TBSP of tahini
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP of psyllium husk
- ½ tsp of ginger
- Pinch of rock salt
- ½ tsp of ground ginger
- ¼ tsp of ground clove
- 1 tsp of pure ground vanilla bean
- ½ tsp of Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ bar of dark chocolate melted in a double boiler
- Line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Process your dates with date water into date paste. If you don`t have a food processor, you can heat your chopped, soaked, and pitted dates with water and stir until dates start to break down and you receive sticky date mixture. You will probably have to add more of the date water.
- Add your chopped nuts, tahini, salt and spices to your date mixture and combine until sticky dough forms.
- Form little batches with your cookie dough, flatten them with your hand or a fork into your favourite cookie shape and bake for 8-10 minutes at 180 degrees or until cooked and smelling irresistible.
- Allow cookies to cool and coat with your melted dark chocolate.
- Enjoy how deliciously fun & simply healthy eating can be!