- 3 cups of wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of good quality salt
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 TBSP of olive oil
- 1 cup of warm filtered water
- Tomato paste to cover base
- 1 onion cut into rings
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into slices
- ½ courgette sliced or chopped
- 1 small broccoli head
- 1 TBSP of olive oil to massage your kale
- 2 cups of shredded kale
- Optional: More nutritional yeast to sprinkle on top
- Dried oregano, thyme and fresh or dried basil to taste
- Good quality salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Optional: 1-2 cups of fresh arugula leaves
Top with the cheese of your choice or for a plant-based option make your own Seed Cheese:
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds (or sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
- ½ – 1 tsp of freshly minced garlic or ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 – 2 tsp of nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup of filtered water
To make your pizza:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line your baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease your paper with olive oil.
- In a bowl, add all your pizza crust ingredients, combine well and knead into a fluffy dough. Put your base onto the prepared tray and spread evenly using your hands.
- Cover your pizza base with tomato paste and prepare your vegetables. Top your tomato-covered base with all of your vegetables except for fresh arugula leaves if using.
- Prepare your seed cheese if using.
- Sprinkle with herbs and (seed) cheese and bake for 40-50 minutes or until your pizza smells irresistible, dough is crunchy and cheese melted.
- Top with Arugula leaves or serve with fresh salad. Enjoy!