Makes 12 cookies
vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free option
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 pieces of large ripe bananas
- Optional: 1 tsp of pure vanilla bean, ground
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon, unsweetened
- Large pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 TBSP of almond butter
- Optional: 2 TBSP of rice malt syrup (the are sweet enough without the added syrup but I recommend you add it in if using very dark chocolate chips or if you are used to eating a lot of sugar or sweet things to help your taste buds transition)
- Instead of using 2 cups + 2 TBSP of rolled oats use 2 cups of oats and 2 TBSP of desiccated unsweetened coconut or 1 TBSP of chia seeds
- Add in dark chocolate chips
- Line your baking tray with baking paper and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mash your banana and combine with your peanut butter and spices in a large bowl.
- Add your rolled oats and if using, desiccated coconut or chia seeds rice malt syrup, and salt.
- Stir well until well combined and batter forms.
- Fold under chocolate chips if using.
- Pour large spoonfuls of your cookie dough onto your prepared baking tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and smelling irresistible.
- Enjoy how delicious and uncomplicated healthy living can taste!!!