Refined Sugar Free, GF, Vegan
For the base:
- 2 cups of almond meal
- ¼ cup of tapioca or coconut flour
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp of Ceylon cinnamon
- 3 TBSP of rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP of melted coconut oil
For the caramel layer:
- 1 cup of nut butter or tahini (I tried the bars with tahini, almond and peanut butter and I personally prefer the almond butter version)
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 small pinch of pink Himalayan salt
For the chocolate topping:
- 1 bar of good quality dark chocolate (I like using 85 or 90% cacao – but you can use any dark chocolate that has a minimum of 75% of cacao)
- Prep your freeze proof dish with baking paper.
- Combine all your dry ingredients for your base and combine.
- Add your wet base ingredients and mix well.
- Pour your base mixture into your prepped dish, spread evenly, press down firmly and return to the freezer.
- In the meantime, in a separate bowl mix all your ingredients for your caramel layer together until well-combined and gooey mixture forms.
- Add your caramel mixture on top of your base mixture and return to the freezer.
- In a double boiler, melt your chocolate and spread evenly you’re your caramel layer.
- Return into the freezer for another 20-30 minutes.
- Cut into bars and enjoy how delicious your healthy life can taste and be if you make it so!