- 1 bunch of kale (stemmed, massaged and chopped)
- 1 cup of seeds of pomegranate
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup of parsley
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ of white onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 TBSP of olive oil
- 2 TBSP of fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 2 TBSP of rice malt syrup
- Good quality salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash the kale and shake it dry.
- Cook your quinoa in water or vegetable broth (you will probably need a little bit more than ½ cup of uncooked quinoa in ¾ of liquid).
- In the meantime, in a smaller bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and then start massaging ½ of the dressing into the kale until kale softens. The combination of oil, salt and acidity from lemon and vinegar will help to break down the kale which will make it easier to digest.
- Refer the softened kale pieces to a larger bowl. Add avocado, onion, parsley, spring onions and quinoa. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and walnuts. Pour the rest of the dressing on top (using all the rests from the little bowl you used to whisk your dressing together).