- 11/2 cups of almond meal or wholemeal spelt flour
- 11/2 tsp of gluten-free baking powder (make your own)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon, ground and unsweetened
- ¼ tsp of nutmeg
- Optional: ¼ tsp of ginger, ground
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean, ground and unsweetened
- Pinch of good quality salt
- If using nut-free flour: 3 TBSP of walnuts, unroasted and chopped
- If using almond flour: 3 TBSP of shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 11/4 cups of carrots, grated
- ½ cup of rice malt syrup
- 2 eggs, free-range, organic and free of antibiotics
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line your baking muffin tins with paper or spray with oil.
- Place all your dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, combine all your wet ingredients.
- Add your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and briefly combine without over-stirring.
- Spoon your carrot cake batter into your prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through, golden brown and smelling irresistible.