For the macaroons:
- 3 cups of organic desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of almond meal
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Optional: 1 tsp of pure ground vanilla bean
- Optional: ½ tsp of organic Ceylon cinnamon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 small tin of organic coconut cream
- ¾ cup of rice malt syrup
For the chocolate base and drizzle:
- 1 bar of dark quality chocolate (I used 90% cacao)
- Line your baking tray with baking paper and pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all your dry ingredients.
- Add your wet ingredients to the dry ones and combine until you receive a sticky dough.
- Using your hands make little balls with the dough. Be sure to press the balls firmly together, so they hold while baking.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Enjoy your coconut macaroons plain or if you love to give them a chocolate touch then add a chocolate bottom and drizzle to them as follows.
- While you are waiting for the macaroons to cool, in a double boiler melt your chocolate.
- Dip your cooled macaroons into the chocolate and turn upside down (with the chocolate bit up) for the chocolate to dry.
- Once your chocolate bottom has dried, flip over again and if you decorate with more melted chocolate.
- Enjoy how very delicious your healthy life can feel and taste!