Are you, like me, struggling to come up with new quick, healthy and delicious lunch ideas for your kids? Then this all too easy and quick bake muffin recipe full of nature’s goodness is for you.
I love that you can make a whole batch of them and freeze some or keep in the fridge, so that you are ready and prepared when hangry strikes. Those muffins are gluten-free, dairy free, refined sugar-free and of course nut-free but full of fibre, essential vitamins, minerals and healthy protein to give your kids sustained energy and keep them full for longer.
I don’t know about you, but for me there is no better feeling than knowing that my children’s food is helping them to grow up to be those most vibrant, radiant and healthiest versions of themselves!
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Pinch of good quality salt
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of pure ground vanilla powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tin of full fat coconut cream
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- If not sweet enough: add 3 TBSP of rice malt syrup
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and grease your muffin tins.
- Put all your wet ingredients in your food processor and mix.
- Add all your dry ingredients and combine well with your wet ingredients until you have a lovely cake batter.
- Pour into your greased muffin forms and bake for 20-30 minutes. They are ready when golden brown.