There is not much I find more soothing than sipping on a large mug of warm golden milk. Whatever high levels of stress I might just have been experiencing, these will have vanished in the instance those most delicious Asian fragrances hit my nostrils and make room for lots of cosy, happy and delicious warmness inside of me. Obviously, there is much more to my beloved golden milk than smelling and tasting delicious: it is my most potent immune and mood booster and I also reckon it helps me fight off ageing as much as this is possible at the age of 42, being small-business-owner and mother of two gorgeous, but very lively, girls.
So next time you feeling under the weather , the pressures of life get to you, you are heaving one of those gloomy days or you are yearning for this comforting but very naughty piece of cake, try nurturing yourself with my lovely soul-warming and health-boosting golden milk fist.
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp of pure ground vanilla bean powder
- ¼ tsp of ground or small bit of fresh ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or black pepper
- 1 tsp of rice malt syrup
- Add the almond milk and spices in a small pot and bring to simmer on low heat.
- Be sure to whisk frequently, so all your spices combine well and your milk becomes well infused with them.
- Heat until hot and add rice-malt syrup to sweeten.