- 1 TBSP of good quality olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small carrot
- 1-2 stalks of kale, destemmed and ripped or cut into pieces
- 1-2 stalks of celery
- ½ – 1 tsp of ground cumin
- ½ – 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 cup of mixed seeds (chia, sunflower, flaxseeds)
- Good quality pepper and salt to taste
- 1 -2 TBSP of good quality olive oil for frying (alternatively bake in oven)
- Put your olive oil into your frying pan and heat the onion until fragrant and soft, add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- In the meantime, grate your carrot and cut your kale.
- Put your rinsed and drained chickpeas, grated carrot, cut kale, onion, garlic and mixed seeds into your food processor. Add your spices and blitz until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Divide your mixture into little balls and flatten them a little.
- Use 1-2 Tbsp or extra virgin olive oil to fry your chickpea patties for 3-4 minutes on either side or until golden brown and smelling irresistibly or alternatively bake in pre-heated oven on 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until done.