- 1 cup of strongly brewed green tea, chilled
- ½ cup fresh blue berries
- ½ cup of fresh raspberries
- ½ cup of pineapple
- 1 TBSP ground fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicier)
- 2-3 TBSP of Lemon juice
- 1-2 TBSP Plain Greek Yoghurt, unsweetened or 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of ice-cubes
- Brew your green tea according to directions, ensuring it is a strong brew.
- Put the berries and cut pineapple along with your choice of spice, fresh lemon juice, yoghurt and ice cubes in your food processor and mix on high speed until well combined and creamy (about 30-60 seconds).
- Pour into your preferred jug or glass and enjoy.
Here is why this delicious and very refreshing smoothie is so good for you and can help you on your weight-loss journey:
Green-tea contains very powerful antioxidants called CGCG which trigger a reaction in the body that leads to an increased break-down of fat cells, in particular the break-down of belly fat. Moreover, it contains catechins and caffeine which have strong metabolism boosting effects and thus can help you to burn more calories.
Berries are jam packed with anti-oxidants and fibre and therefore a great digestive aid and potent player in weight loss.
Pineapple is high in the mineral manganese which supports your weight loss by playing an active role in your carbohydrate and fat absorption, your blood sugar regulation as well as your calcium absorption. This tropic fruit is also high in water and fibre which both help you to feel full for longer. In addition, pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain which has anti-inflammatory properties and may promote your body’s ability to digestion, break-down of nutrients and process of elimination.
Spices like ginger or cayenne pepper are a great and fun way to spike up your metabolism. In addition, they contain very potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which makes them extremely effective in advancing any detoxification-process.
Lemons are probably the most alkalising food which means they can be a fabulous help to balance your body pH. They also contain the soluble fibre, pectin, which promotes digestion, detoxification and assist with weight loss.
Yoghurt is great to boost your gut health plus its high protein content helps you feel full for longer and to speed up the burning of fat. Also, it contains a high amount of calcium, a mineral that is thought to play an important role in body weight regulation and fat metabolism.