As you know dark chocolate is one of those amazing super foods that because of its amazing health promoting and beautifying properties can be part of a healthy diet or even your weight loss program. Dark chocolate is bursting full of flavonoids and antioxidants. It contains catechins – the same compound you find in green tea – and it’s one of the highest sources of procyanidins which are chemicals that counter skin damage, promote heart health and may protect against cancer. Research shows that chocolate may improve circulation to the skin and thus keeps your skin looking younger and more radiant. Also: dark chocolate is high in waist slimming fibre, red blood cells promoting iron, mood-improving magnesium and metabolism-boosting manganese.
However, it is important to be aware of the fact that not all chocolate is the same and that some of the chocolate you can buy at the supermarket has added soy lecithin or contains unhealthy fats. Both can have rather harmful effects on your hormones, digestion and in doing so of course on your skin tone too.
So to reap all the benefits of your skin glowing chocolate super treat, whip up this quick chocolate candy yourself.
- 1 cup of cocoa butter or virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup of raw cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of good quality Himalayan Salt
- ½ cup of rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Optional dried cherries
- Melt cocoa butter in small sauce pan at low heat, or if you use coconut oil instead, it is best to harden it in the fridge before using
- While cocoa butter is melting pour rest of ingredients into food processor, add cocoa butter once it is completely melted or hardened coconut oil and blitz.
- Make sure all ingredients are well incorporated, pour into little Xmas molds.
- Stick molds into the fridge for a couple of hours or for an even quicker version briefly into the freezer until hardened. Store in the fridge!
- Enjoy without feeling guilty
Have a most wonderful Xmas everyone