(vegan or vegetarian, gluten-free)
- 1 TBSP of ghee or 1 TBSP of avocado oil
- ½ tsp of dried ground turmeric
- 4-6 dried curry leaves
- ½ tsp of cumin seeds
- 1-2 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- ½ tsp of thyme leaves
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds in 3 cups of filtered water
- 1 – 1.5 tsp of good quality salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 of small head of cauliflower, cut into little florets
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, cubed
- 1 large courgette, cubed
- Additional filtered water (about 4 –5 cups)
- Sauté your spices until fragrant. Stir them frequently and be careful not to burn them.
- While sautéing your spices, blend your sunflower seeds with your filtered water to sunflower milk.
- Add your sunflower milk to your spices to cool them off.
- Add your salt and pepper.
- Cut and slice your vegetables and add to your soup.
- Boil your soup and then let simmer until all vegetables are cooked through (takes about 30-40 minutes).
- You will have to add more filtered water. Add 1 cup at a time, so you can decide how rich and thick you would like it
- In 3 to 4 batches, blend into your creamy-licious rebalancing soup delight and enjoy.
- For a more nourishing meal, serve with sources of plant protein like lentils, mung beans or chickpeas and a lighter, gluten-free grain or pseudo-cereal like millet, quinoa, amaranth or teff.