- 1 cup of chickpeas, thoroughly rinsed and drained
- ¼ – ½ head of broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ – ½ head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ – 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large carrot, spiralised
- 2-3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of parsley
- ½ cup of walnuts
- ½ cup of pepita seeds
- 2 cups of kale, stemmed, washed and torn into large pieces
- 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 head of cos lettuce, washed and cut into large pieces
- 1 blood orange, peeled and cut into small pieces
Optional: 1 cup of mung-been sprout
- 2 TBSP of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBSP of freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- ¼ cup of cold-pressed flaxseed or linseed oil (alternatively use cold-pressed olive oil)
- 2 TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of wholegrain Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP of grated ginger
- Good quality salt and black pepper to taste
- Thoroughly rinse and drain your chickpeas and set aside.
- Cut all your vegetables according to directions, spiralise your carrot, slice your spring onions and prep your kale, spinach, salad leaves and if using mung bean sprouts.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for your dressing and set aside.
- Then in a large bowl begin to assemble your salad; begin with placing your kale, spinach and cos leaves into your bowl. Then add your freshly cut and spiralised vegetables. Sprinkle with chickpeas, spring onions, parsley, nuts, seeds and if desired mung-bean sprouts.
- Top with nuts, seeds and blood orange pieces.
- Pour your dressing over your salad and enjoy.