This delicious Up-Your-Glow loaf contains a wonderful blend of spices that in Ayurvic medicine is believed to promote detoxification, weight loss and help with water retention. I love how this combination of taste and fragrance never fails to re-vitalize me and kick my metabolic fire up a notch. As a welcome side effect this bread also holds anti-inflammatory qualities and is a real soother for any gut upsets.
- 2 cups almond pulp (the leftovers from making almond milk)
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- ½ cup of filtered water to mix with the chia seeds
- Optional: 3 eggs
- 1-2 cups kale, washed, stems removed, coarsely cut
- 1-3 TBSP of unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 TBSP of ground turmeric
- 1 TBSP of cumin seeds
- 1 TBSP of fennel seeds
- 1 TBSP of coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of pepita seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line your baking form with paper.
- In a little bowl soak your chia seeds in water until they form a gel-like consistency (takes about 15 minutes).
- Place your almond mash, chia seeds, eggs, apple cider vinegar and kale in your food processor and mix.
- In another small bowl mix all your spices and add to the mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add the rest of your seeds and briefly combine.
- Pour your dough into your prepared baking tray and bake for about 60 minutes. Your cleansing loaf is ready when your skewer inserted comes out clean.