If you are a chocolate lover like I am, you cannot have enough clean chocolate recipes up your pocket. So here is another one for you. I love making this with my girls because it is super simple and so much fun. Best of all the result is a super delicious chocolate treat that I do not mind my girls indulging in because there are no nasties in whatsoever. And I, as devoted chocolate fan but also total health freak can do so to without falling off my healthy wagon or experiencing any guilt in the aftermath. Double win.
To make the chocolate:
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 TBSP unhulled tahini paste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean
- ¼ cup of rice malt syrup
- ¼ tsp good quality salt
For the toppings:
- ½ cup raw almonds, chopped and lightly toasted
- ½ cup raw cashews, chopped and lightly toasted
- ¼ sunflower seeds, lightly roasted
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Toast your nuts and seeds that you have chosen to use as toppings over medium heat in a small dry pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Be sure to stir continuously to avoid burning of nuts and seeds. Set aside.
- Pour your coconut oil, raw cocoa powder, spices, rice malt syrup, tahini paste and salt in a food processor and mix well. To achieve best consistency be sure to not use melted coconut oil, but solid or softened one.
- Pour your chocolate mixture into your molds and sprinkle with your toppings.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes.
You live only once in this life, so you better make sure you fully enjoy it and nurture your body at the same time. And this is exactly what this Clean Easter Chocolate Heart recipe is all about.