- ½ cup uncooked red quinoa or red rice
- ¼ head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1-2 raw beet(s), grated or spiralised
- ¼ head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 3-4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of parsley
- ½ cup of almonds
- ½ cup of pepita seeds
- 2 cups fresh watercress, washed
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Optional: 1 cup of mung-been sprout
- 4 TBSP of lemon juice
- 4 TBSP of cold-pressed flaxseed or linseed oil (alternatively use cold-pressed olive oil)
- 2 TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP of grated ginger
- Good quality salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook your quinoa or rice in water or vegetable broth according to directions.
- Cut broccoli into florets and steam for 2-3 minutes or until tender but still with bite
- In the meantime, grate or spiralise your beets, thinly slice your cabbage, cut your avocado into cubes, slice your spring onions and if desired sliver your almonds.
- Then in a large bowl begin to assemble your salad; begin with placing your watercress and spinach leaves into your bowl. Then add your cooked wholegrains, all your freshly cut, grated, spiralised and steamed vegetables and fruit. Sprinkle with spring onions, parsley, nuts, seeds and if desired mung-bean sprouts.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and then pour over your salad.