This is my go-to recipe for all the hot summer months and is one the entire family loves. My girls think I am the best mum ever because they are allowed as many of these as they can possibly eat … and for me there is no better feeling than creating delicious treats that I know are also good for us. So, a total win-win situation. As you know berries are bursting full with beautifying and health-promoting antioxidants. Almond milk adds some plant protein and natural sweetness and chia seeds provide essential omega-3 fatty acids and calcium. Of course those berry-licious popsicles are also super quick and easy to make and taste delicious.
- 3 cups frozen or fresh berries (any kind or mixed is delicious)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp of pure ground vanilla bean
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened (make your own!!!)
- 2 TBSP of chia seeds
- In a small bowl mix your chia seeds into your almond milk. Stir and then let it sit to thicken for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, place all your fruit and spice into your blender, add your almond milk-chia seed mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour your berry-licious nice-cream mixture into your popsicle moulds and freeze for 4-6 hours.