- ½ head of medium-sized broccoli
- 1 tightly packed cup of kale, destemmed and torn into large pieces
- 1 tightly packed cup of Basil leaves
- ¼ cup of walnuts, raw and unsalted
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds, raw
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed or minced
- 3 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice (juice of about ½ a lemon)
- Quality Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: ½ tsp of chilli flakes
- Optional: 1 TBSP of nutritional yeast
- Place all the ingredients for your pesto in your blender and mix until they are well combined and your pesto mixture has a smooth, creamy and thick consistency.
- Transfer your pesto into a clean glass jar and keep in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy with pasta, rice, raw vegetables, in your salad or simply spread onto a slice of bread! Soooo healthy-licious!!!!