- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- ½ cup of unsweetened plant milk (I used almond here but any other type works fine too)
- Optional: ¼ of a medium sized banana, mashed (if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean, ground
- 1-2 handfuls of mixed berries (frozen or fresh both options work and are delicious)
- 2-3 TBSP of rolled oats
- 1 small piece of summer fruit, chopped (I used peach here – choose a delicious piece of fruit of medium size that is in season)
- 1-2 pieces of dark chocolate, grated or cut in very small and thin pieces (I used 90 percent cacao but anything from 75 percent on is great)
- Soak 2 TBSP of chia seeds in ¼ cup of your choice of milk. Add your pure vanilla and mashed banana if using. Be sure to stir mixture well. Then let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your summer fruit and berries and soak the rest of your chia seeds with your rolled oats and the remaining milk with half of a handful of berries. Again, be sure to stir mixture well and then let it rest.
- Stir your first chia seed mixture after the resting time again to ensure all seeds are absorbing the milk equally. Pour mixture into your glass or bowl.
- Top chia mixture with your chopped summer fruit.
- Stir your oat-chia-berry mixture again before adding to your bowl or glass.
- Top with more berries and your grated or chopped dark chocolate.
- Enjoy immediately or put into your fridge and enjoy later.