- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ¼ cup of mixed seeds (sunflower, pepita, …) or ¼ cup of nuts such as almonds, pecans, cashew or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup of dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tsp of ground pure vanilla bean
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of good quality salt
- ¼ cup of tahini or peanut butter
- Optional: ¼ cup of dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees and line your baking dish with baking paper.
- Mash your banana until no chunky bits left. Add your oats, shredded coconut, seeds or chopped nuts and combine well.
- Mix in your pitted, finely chopped dates, your spices and salt.
- Finally add your choice of seed or nut-butter and stir until well combined.
- If using, add your dried cranberries, stirring lightly.
- Spoon your mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press down your bar mixture firmly into the dish, using the back of a spoon or knife and bake for about 45 – 50 minutes or until golden brown. You will know by their irresistible smell when your bars are ready!