- 8 medium carrots, grated or 4 cups grated
- ¼ head of purple cabbage, thinly shredded
- 3-4 big handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tin of chickpeas, thoroughly rinsed and drained
- 1 small avocado, diced or sliced into thin wedges
- ¼ cup of raw almonds; optional: roast almonds for 2-3 minutes without using any oil
- 1 cup of parsley
- 5 tsp of miso paste
- 3 TBSP of tahini
- 3 TBSP of lemon juice
- 1 TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP of freshly grated ginger
- Good quality salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 -4 springs of spring onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together your ingredients for the dressing. Add 2 TBSP of water if consistency of dressing is too thick. Set dressing aside.
- In a larger bowl or salad dish, add your spinach leaves, shredded cabbage, grated carrots, chickpeas, avocado and sprinkle with parsley. If using roasted almonds, briefly roast them in a small pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes without using any oil. Toss or stir them frequently to avoid burning. Top your salad mixture with raw or roasted nuts.
- Drizzle your dressing over your salad and enjoy.